As tradition dictates the Museum für Sächsische Volkskunst in Dresden welcomes in the spring with three weeks of events, concerts, readings – and of course brightly decorated Easter eggs.
In addition this year the Museum is presenting a special exhibition dedicated to Dresden’s lace making ladies, which, in addition to historic and contemporary examples of the lace makers art, features live lace making by members of the group “Dresdner Klöppelfrauen”
The Museum für Sächsische Volkskunst, Jägerhof Köpckestraße 1, 01097 Dresden is open Tuesday – Sunday from 10 am to 6pm
Easter in Jägerhof 2012 Programme
Egg based performances, shows and activities: Daily from 10am until 6pm
24. March @ 3pm: Madame Rosa und die Märchen des Frühlings
31. March @ 3pm: “Frühlingsgefühle – Eine Zeitreise”. The Radebeul Chamber Choir sings in the Jägerhof
01. April Palm Sunday, @ 11am: Spring concert with the singers Tanja Höft and Anna Piontkowsky
06. April, Good Friday, @ 3pm: ‚‚Passion Christi‘‘, the 1830 Oberlausitz human puppet theatre – a talk with Dr. Igor A. Jenzen
@ 11am: Madame Rosa und die Märchen des Frühlings
@ 4pm: Spring concert with the chamber music collective “Il passatempo” Dresden
08. April, Easter Sunday, @ 3pm: Popular spring songs with Elke Birninger accompanied by Horst Berger (Zither)
09. April, Easter Monday, @ 4pm: Spring songs sung by the Männerchor Dresden-Striesen e.V.
15. April @ 3pm: Sorbische Easter Traditions – Folklore from the Lausitz read Roza Domascyna